Sunday, September 25, 2005

NFL Today

* Sunday stat watching. I've got the Oakland Raiders vs. Philadelphia Eagles game on, but I have no fantasy players in this one. I'm stuck watching for updates! Looking forward to the Steelers vs Patriots game.

* I read that there was a big anti-war protest yesterday. I didn't read the details, but my local paper had pictures of Jesse Jackson there. You know, whenever I see his mug at an event, that usually invalidates the "cause" to me.

* These Wal-Mart superstores seem to generate a lot of conflict. Wages, benefits and local stores ability to compete, I guess. Of course, I don't remember this sort of thing when Home Depots were popping up everywhere putting small hardware stores out of business.

* When CBS goes to break, they insert a segment featuring a character actor as Benjamin Franklin. It's a little goofy.

* Hopefully, Senator Bill Frist was looking at the charts when he decided to sell his HCA.

* I do like the Burger King commercials using old-style NFL highlight reels and theme music. I won't eat there, but nice spots.

* Do you ever read the Daily Kos blog? It's kind of a left-wing blog, full of Art Bell show style conspiracy theories. It's a hoot.

* Out of Time, starring Denzel was a good Netflix. Bride and Prejudice was.... interesting.

* Michelle Malkin with some pics from the anti-war rally.

* The Dolphins beat the Panthers. It was in Miami.

* I don't think government pension funds should be in "socially conscious" investments. Shouldn't they just be in index funds?

* The market? The end of the month and quarter rally? Or, dread of deficit spending, fuel prices, and interest rates?

* Steelers and Patriots game is boring. 49ers-Cowboys game is more fun.

blog comments powered by Disqus