Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Greenspan Day

* Greenspan at 11:15am, PDT. That's when the Fed will announce what's going on with interest rates. So, I'm blogging live up until then! I'm gnawing at my fingernails wondering what the Fed will do, and how the markets will react.

* Do you ever listen to Gary Kaltbaum on the radio? I don't know his performance record, but his radio show is pretty entertaining in the realm of daily financial talk. And he's got archives up, so it's easy to download and listen whenever. I tend to disagree with his recent rants on inflation. He's convinced there is inflation all over the place. Huh? Higher energy prices aren't inflationary.

* So, the new TV season is underway, and other than watching Bones, I've skipped out so far. I kind of wanted to watch Just Legal last night, but monday night football will get in the way of everything else for awhile.

* Hurricane Rita crossing the Florida Keys, and heading into the Gulf. It could strike anywhere from Texas to Louisiana, according to early reports. This time, folks seem to be taking evacuation orders a little more seriously.

* I didn't watch the Emmy's.

* The Bacon Microwaver is at it again. Good Lord. STOP!!!

* The market is drifting lower here, but still up for the day. Everybody is on pins and needles now for the Fed announcement. I wonder what the initial reaction will be? I wonder if fading that is a money maker? Hah, you know it is (unless you put a boatload on that trade!).

* I've been drawing some new cartoons using Paint Shop Pro, so hopefully those will debut here soon! WOO! NEW CARTOONS! (I had the flu over the weekend, so once I ran out of Netflix DVDs to watch, I had to do something!)

* The New Orleans Hornets might play in .... Oklahoma City!

* I've been bringing my lunch lately. I don't think that's my resolution for higher gas prices. It's just something I've been doing. What I have noticed, is that I sure make a lot less trips to the ATM. With all that cash I'm not spending, maybe I'll go help out Best Buy's sales numbers and get a new LCD monitor!

* I wonder if oil platform workers in the Gulf get paid for "evacuation days?"

* Staying Fit May Help Joint Pain. No kidding? You mean it's better for your joints to be trim and fit, rather than unathletic and overweight? Who'd a thunk?

* Tonight, there is a reunion of past America's Next Top Model winners! It's either that or Bones; what are you going to watch? Followed by Rock Star INXS, so I might as well finish that one off to the bitter end.

* Yeah, I see the move in gold lately. I don't really trade it much. Sometimes, if I'm bearish on the market. Maybe that's why folks are in it. Maybe folks think that the real estate bubble is done, that stocks are going nowhere, bonds aren't yielding much, and the government is spending money like a drunken sailor. Maybe the gold bugs are worried about a recession.

* And the Fed says... HIKE 'EM! Another .25% hike... Haven't seen the text yet. Market initial reaction is... Down. Fade that? Eh, not today. It's lunch time.

blog comments powered by Disqus