Wednesday, September 07, 2005

WHAT A WASTE!

* The market? Well, up and up. I've heard lots of gurus say that the economy is strong and that volume and price action suggest the market will go higher. I suppose that's why I'm long, too. Still, it is September so I think it's important to keep that in mind.

* Fun Factory life is hectic.

* I was sad to hear that Bob Denver passed away. Oh, Gilligan! On to the big island in the sky. I bet the first thing that happens to our little buddy when he walks through the pealy gates, is that the Skipper (Alan Hale) whaps him over the head with his cap.

* I took mass transit this morning and got hit on by a guy. I don't know why this happens, but it happens often. Maybe it's just living in CA. Anyways, I told him I'm not gay and that I liked women and he said WHAT A WASTE! Oh, thanks I think. I dunno.

* I don't like to jog much, but I've been doing it lately. I dunno, bored with walking. Cycling still, too.

* Cereal may be the best breakfast for the waistline. Pass the Count Chocula!

Women who favor cereal for breakfast tend to weigh less than their peers who opt for other breakfast foods or who skip the meal altogether, according to a new study.

Only for women, though. No impact for men they say. Interesting to note that:

cereal fans ate more fiber and less fat -- a dietary pattern that has been linked to better weight control

Yeah, that's what I think. More fiber is better.

* Apple wants to make an iPod phone. A phone that plays music? Well, if they add in some PDA features, maybe it'll be as good as a Treo.

* Everybody was worrying that Hurricane Katrina would slow down the economy? Huh? Haven't you seen the billions of dollars the Fed (and insurance companies) will be pumping into that area? Heck, the Chicago Fed is worried about inflation! After natural disasters, the recovery is usually quite strong.

* Yes, the comments section here has been getting some spam lately. Low mortgage rate offers, or clicks to some spam websites. That sort of thing. It seems that as soon as I post an entry, the spam hits.

blog comments powered by Disqus