Monday, January 30, 2006

Manic Monday!


 
  • Quick thoughts on the market?  SURE!  It's just biding time until tomorrow.  Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.  There's a trifecta of market movers with Greenspan's Last Dance, Google's Earnings, and President Bush giving the State of the Union.  Of these, the most important is Greenspan; the most impotent is Bush.

  • But did you see the alternative energy stocks today?  Man, the speculation is that Bush is going to push for energy independence.  So the speculation players bought them up today.

  • Minestrone is a good winter soup. 

  • 24 on tonight, so don't forget to set the DVR if you can't watch it.  Don't worry about catching 7th Heaven, though.

  • Cloture vote for Alito was a slam dunk.  The Senate is going to vote to approve him.  Clearly a qualified dude.  Even if folks disagree with him philosophically, at least he's a quality pick.

  • I haven't been blogging much or surfing lately because there is actually zero gaps in my work day lately here at the Fun Factory.  Has me pondering other job opportunities.  I like the work here, but coming in on weekends and spending long days week after week is wearing me down.  I'm trying to stay focused and not make any snap decisions.  But I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been talking with folks at the Salt Mine about coming back there.

 

 

blog comments powered by Disqus