Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday's Quick Hits


 
  • The markets?  Three day weekend, with monday being MLKjr day.  Tuesday, earnings start off and I think we're getting IBM and Yahoo.  That should keep it interesting.  I think there is a combination of optimism about earnings and investor angst for missing the move up.  I'm not sure if we'll see folks selling the news or buying the dips this week.  It's also options expiration week.   I'm still long, although via lower beta stuff; and I do have some cash at the ready to put to work somewhere.  I haven't run my Black Box scans for the weekend, yet.  Later...

  • I'm at work.  I know...  Lame way to start a 3-day weekend.  Just have tons to do in a short timeframe.  Remember last month when I was whining about somebody starting a project in December near the holidays?  Well, it got off to a slow start due to vacations and such, but deadlines didn't change. 

  • I Netflixed the final disc from Season 1 Battlestar Galactica, and there was only one episode on there.  Oh, deleted scenes and other bonus garb.  But kind of sad to have only one episode.  Then there were the cliffhangers of Boomer on Galactica shooting Adama, Boomer on Caprica being pregnant, Starbuck on Caprica, the President in the brig, some folks and Baltar stranded on Kobol, and the Apollo mutiny against Tigh..   I moved up Season 2 in the Netflix queue and I started recording Season 3.   What a well written sci-fi drama.  (I think even non-geeks might like it).

  • Remember to vote for The Learning Curve in Blog Survivor!

blog comments powered by Disqus