Thursday, April 06, 2006

Farewell, Beta!

  • Sold my tech, semis and small cap growth this morning.  Basically lowering my beta.  I still am mostly long the market at this point.  A few warning signs? Sentiment seems to have made the swing from bearish to bullish.  The put-call ratio was near .5 this morning.  The Black Box has been showing some negative divergences on this advance up.   And I'm aware of the election cycle and seasonal tendencies.  I may be wrong, of course. 
  • American Idol has been a complete dud the past 2 weeks.  I've completely lost interest in watching it.  Good grief.
  • Lost was interesting last night.  More on Hurley and his issues.  But maybe the most interesting was the "other" held captive in the vault.  We know he's an "other" now, and he mentioned some pretty creepy things about the island.  He also mentioned that he never pressed the button, and that the counter just automatically reset... Hmm... 
  • I think Michelle Rodriguez needs a bigger role on that show.  Hubba hubba.
  • Did you read that Massachusetts has created a statewide health care system?  Here's an op-ed from the Sacramento Bee on it.  It looks as though we're going to have a government takeover of health care, even if it marches across the land state by state.  This forces employers to either cover employees or pay into a state fund.  Of course, maybe companies will just decide to not hire new employees with all these new costs.  (That's part of the problem in France's high-unemployment troubles).  Or maybe employers will just leave Massachusetts, or expand hiring of folks overseas.  (Offshoring).  It'll be intersting to see what happens...
  • Free preview of Major League Baseball on the pay-per view channels.  I watched the Braves-Dodgers game last night (in between Lost commercials!).  Man, Vin Scully is great.  You know, I'm thinking about buying the baseball package, so that free preview may be hookin' me...  It'll make telecommuting more fun, too.  Instead of CNBC, I can have the ballgame on.  I just hope that when I'm net meeting, nobody can hear Vin Scully in the background...

blog comments powered by Disqus