Thursday, April 20, 2006

Paula

  • Hey, after watching American Idol on tuesday night, I had an idea on a career move Paula Abdul could make should the popular show decide to make a change in the judging booth next season.  Instead of mentioning the career move idea explicitly, somewhere in this blog entry I have placed a clue.  I know, it may be tricky to find.  But discerning readers should be able to pick it up.  I have faith in you.
  • When most folks who want in the market are already in the market, I think we see the market start to churn a bit.  Folks move from one sector to the next, trying to eek out gains above and beyond the returns of the major index.  Especially folks who were underinvested or late to the party.  They're trying to make up for the time they were out.  I don't know if this is happening now, but it's something I look for.  The Black Box generated a sell on some semiconductors last night, but as you know I bailed out of those a few weeks ago.  And who knows about that Black Box, this run may not be over yet.
  • I was very disappointed that Lost was not on last night.  As a matter of fact, I'm leaning more and more to just watching series by DVD.  The unfortunate thing is that you miss that real-time water-cooler-at-the-office thing, but on the other hand you get the commercials, clip shows, or pre-empting by olympics or TV specials.  (Pssst... Don't tell the advertisers.)
  • Fantasy hoops is over, and I backdoored my way into second place.  The guy was sneaking up on me in turnovers, so I benched my players the last two games.  It worked, but barely.  He finished with 2 more turnovers than I had, and knocked himself down a point which was enough to move me up.  Another guy almost caught me in steals...  Nailbiter!

blog comments powered by Disqus