Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Quick Hits

  • OK, at 2 minutes and 3 seconds past 1 am wednesday morning, the time-date will be 01:02.03 04/05/06.  So invite some friends over and do a shot of tequilla to mark the occassion!
  • The market continues to grind higher, which is probably frustrating traders.  This is what trends do best.  They just grind along their way.  I think buy and holders tend to outperform those trading in and out when the market is trending up.  My Black Box doesn't seem worried about the market action, either.  Still long.  Still strong.
  • Remember, The Amazing Race has moved from tuesdays to wednesdays.  Not a problem for those with DVRs, as they know when there has been a time shift.  (I love that show, by the way).
  • Mints.  I can't eat just one.  Mint.  Mint.  Mint.
  • I have three trade offers in my Fantasy Baseball league.  You know what?  We had our draft over the weekend, and I just did the auto-draft and don't even know who I have.  I like to go a couple games before looking.  In Fantasy Baseball, it's hard to take one or two days and quickly judge a player.  It's a long season.  One of the thing that kills me in Fantasy Baseball is overtrading.  Say, it's a lot like the stock market in that respect...

  • It's been raining so much here in Sacramento.  Kind of like living in an aquarium the past month.  We had 20 days of rain in March.  Now in April, it's rained everyday so far.  Everyone here at the Fun Factory has the news websites up checking to see where the strongest rain cells are, and watching to see if there is any flooding going on.  Yeesh.
  • The Perfect Seasonal Storm from Mark Hulbert.  He talks about 2 seasonal patterns bearing down on traders in April.  First, the "sell in May and go away" pattern.  Next, the election-year cycle.  Pretty good article.

blog comments powered by Disqus