Thursday, April 06, 2006

Quick Hits (Stocks, TV)

  • After the sale... It seems unavoidable to second guess my decisions.  Yet, there is nothing to gain from dwelling on it.  Profits have been booked.  Monthly strength period is over, so my next theory is that the market will experience some weakening ahead of options week and earnings season.  I will be watching for buying opportunities there, and I'll also start watching utilities for a potential summer run.  There's always the next trade in the on-deck circle.
  • I'm debating on that summer baseball package.  I wouldn't miss it if I didn't have it, but I am a Dodgers fan stuck in Sacramento.  Watching Vin Scully last night was great, and reminded me of earlier days living in SoCal.   It's not about $159.  It's whether or not I want to hunker down in front of the tube watching Dodgers games all summer long!  Hey, that doesn't sound half bad...
  • Thursday night is kind of a dead zone for TV.  This is the night I usually catch up with my DVR recordings.  I have The Amazing Race and America's Next Top Model to watch.  So, I suppose the glass is half-full.  Oh... And the free baseball preview. 

 

  • Speaking of money, baseball and TV, former Met and Phillie Lenny Dykstra will be on Fox's Bulls and Bears this saturday morning.  LennyD now writes a column for TheStreet.com's realmoney website on trading options.  He likes DEEEEEP in the money calls.  He is also a frequent guest on Jim Cramer's realmoney radio show.  Always an interesting segment on the show, whether you agree with LennyD or not.  Especially when folks call in and ask him questions.
  • Here's a study that says Korena pine nuts suppress appetite and may help folks lose weight.  Thus, a new diet fad is born.  You know, I'm not so sure folks overeat because they're hungry or because they just like to munch.
  • Gold hit $600, and I've been wrong about the metal.  That's for sure.  I'm still not interested in buying any, but thought I'd admit to being wrong about it.
  • Libby says President Bush cleared the leak of confidential material regarding Iraq, so liberal bloggers will have something to blog about for the next 3 years.

blog comments powered by Disqus