Thursday, September 21, 2006

Lazy Thursday

  • I can't think of anything to say about the stock market. I sold a bunch last week.  Sold some more yesterday "seconds" before the Fed announcement.  So I have some cash on the sidelines, but still have some holdings in the index.   Black box still on the sell signal.  Seasonality is a headwind, being in Sept-Oct and earnings warning season.  Month-end 401(k) buying is still a bit aways.
  • One idea gaining traction "out there" is that with quarter-end coming, the big money wants to have the big names that have performed the best in their portfolios and to exit the losers.  So is this what keeps the rally going?  Or, is this going to create a counter move as everyone tries to get out before everyone else?  Too fishy?
  • Thanks to A Dash of Insight for the mention!  Yes, my football picks have been "wide left."  Of course, looking for a better week this week!
  • Bill Cara on gas prices and President Bush's popularity.  Now, I don't believe the line where BC speculates that maybe this is sufficient reason for traders to believe the recent price decline in gasoline prices was manufactured for the times.  But in the end, I do think folks vote their pocket books more than anything else.
  • Cody Willard blasts ESPN's Monday Night Football.  Well, I agree that the broadcasting team is subpar, but I think it's hillarious in a "I'm laughing AT them" sort of way.  Know what I mean?  I just want to know when the broadcasting team brought up the term "pitchers duel" over and over, who wanted to hurl a fastball at the TV?  "I'll show you a pitchers duel!"

blog comments powered by Disqus