Friday, September 22, 2006

Pigskin Picks (Week 3)!

I did horrible last week, but here are my best guesses this week. (In edit: 8 wins, 5 losses, 1 tie).

  • Redskins are -4 at Houston, and I think Brunell gets untracked.  Texans may never recover from not drafting Reggie Bush.   I'll take Washington -4. Final: Washington 31-15. Winner!
  • Jets are getting +5 at Buffalo.  I think Chad Pennington looks great, and the Jets cover the spread. Final: Jets 28-20. Winner!
  • Indianapolis -7 at home playing Jacksonville.  I'm going to press the Colts and Manning.  That's a big spread, but Jacksonville may have a  letdown after monday night. Final: Colts 21-14. Push.
  • Detroit -7 hosting the Packers.  OK, Packers defense is awful and maybe Kitna tears 'em apart.  I think it's too many points for the Lions to cover.  I'll take the Packers and the points. Final: Packers 31-24. Winner!
  • Pittsburgh -2 hosting the Bengals.  Cinci is playing well, and I'm not yet convinced about the Steelers after they beat a lackluster Miami team and didn't score against the Jags. I'll take Cinci +2. Final: Cinci 28-20. Winner!
  • Dolphins -11 hosting Titans.  Everything tells me that Tennessee is going to be the Dolphins punching bags this weekend.  Huge point spread for an indecisive Culpepper, but I'm going to try Miami again.  Give me the Fish and lay the points. Final: Miami 13-10. Loser!
  • The Bears -3.5 at Minnesota.  I think the Vikings go 3-0 with a win at home.  Should be a great game.  I'll take the Vikes and the points. Final: Chicago 19-16. Winner by the hook!
  • Tampa Bay at home +3.5 playing Carolina.  Bucs can't run.  Bucs can't pass.  I'll take the Panthers and give the Bucs 3.5. Final: Carolina 26-24. Loser!
  • Cleveland getting 6.5 at home playing the Ravens.  I think this one will be a close game, so I'll take the points and the home town Browns. Final: Ravens 15-14. Winner!
  • Giants on the road and getting 3.5 in Seattle.   Poor Giants, this will be 3 weeks in a row against great NFL teams.  This will be a great game, so I'll just take the dog and hope that a field goal at the end settles the victor.  Give me the Giants +3.5. Final: Seattle 42-30. Loser!
  • Eagles -6 at the SF 49ers.  I'm still not convinced about the 49ers.  Arizona isn't that good and the Rams can't score.  Eagles look good.  I'll take McNabb and give the 49ers 6. Final: Eagles 38-24. Winner!
  • Arizona -4.5 hosting the St Louis Rams.  Something is wrong with the Rams offense.  Nothing is wrong with the Cards offense.  I'll take Arizona and give the Rams 4.5. Final: Rams 16-14. Loser!
  • New England -6.5 hosting Denver sunday night.  Seems like a bunch of points, but I'm not impressed with Denver year-to-date.  I'll take the Pats and give -6.5. Final: Denver 17-7. Loser!
  • Monday Night has Atlanta at New Orleans and the Saints are the 3.5 underdog.  Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!  This one won't be a pitchers' duel.  I'll take the Saints and the points! Final: Saints 23-3. Winner!

blog comments powered by Disqus