Friday, September 29, 2006

TGIF!

  • The market is flat today, advance-decline is even. This is what a trend is like. On a day where profits should be taken, the market is flat.   There is still some pessimism in the air as folks expect a recession, and the market to react accordingly.  I don't expect that, but I was thinking we'd get a Sept-Oct swoon.  So we'll have to scratch the Sept part, and just go with the Oct swoon.  Will it materialize?  Are the institutions keeping this thing up into the end of the quarter?  Stay tuned to this Bat Channel next week, as October kicks into gear.
  • You know, whenever you take a few days off from work it seems like a million things have happened while you were away.  I've been playing catch up, and I only missed 2 days this week!  I guess that's what the "fun" in the Fun Factory is all about.  I think I've finaly caught up and am ready for the weekend.  Football picks later!  (Last night's didn't work out, but what a good game...)
  • Is anyone else having trouble with the new upgrades to Bloglines?  They upgraded their webpage, and all my subscriptions don't show up in the left margin.  I'm using the mobile webpage to see the subs.  I dunno.
  • From Barry Ritholz, the DOW vs. Money Market fund since January 2000.
  • Only a moron would buy YouTube!  (From Mark Cuban).

blog comments powered by Disqus