Friday, September 15, 2006

Pigskin Picks!

  • Pigskin picks! Not a recommendation to bet real money. 
  • The Oakland Raiders are heading to Baltimore where the Ravens are an 12.5 favorite.  The Raiders look like they're playing for 2007 draft position at this point.  I haven't seen team chemistry this bad since Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey.  But this is the NFL and strange things happen.  I don't believe Baltimore is a contender and Jamal Lewis may or may not be completely healthy.  When was the last time Baltimore was favored by 12.5?   This sounds crazy, but I think Brooks and Moss are going to hook up a couple times and Lamont Jordan will get some tough yards.  It'll be enough to cover a huge point spread.  I'll take the Road Raiders +12.5.
  • The New York Giants are 3-point underdogs visiting the Philadelphia Eagles.  I like McNabb having Stallworth.  I think Philly is going to win more than last year.  But the Giants are the real deal and have too many weapons.  I think the Giants pound out the yards on the ground and Eli finds an open guy whenever he needs one.  Scoring could go back and forth in this one.  But I think the Giants are going to win this one flat out, and it'll be the game of the week.  I'm taking the Giants +3.
  • Bills are 6-point underdogs at Miami.   I think the pressure is on Miami to win and they are at home.  Miami didn't look too bad against the Steelers on opening night, have had a long rest, and will be hungry at their home opener.  I think Ronnie Brown, Culpepper, and the Dolphins defense will star.  The Bills will be without Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, and Andre Reed.   I'll take the fish -6.
  • The Colts are a 13-point favorite, hosting the Houston Texans.  This match-up will feature... STOP.  Not even going to think about it.  Taking the Colts -13.
  • Saints are visiting the Packers, where the Saints are favored by 2.  I think it'll be a high-scoring game with lots of passing and not much defense.  Maybe a shoot-out.  You know, in this one I'm just going to root for Favre and take the Packers at home plus 2. 
  • The Rams are favored by 3 at the 49ers.  The Rams moved the ball well last week everywhere except in the Red Zone.  They'll score big this week against the 49ers defense.  The Rams are running more this year and trying to control the clock.  On the other side of the ball, the 49ers have improved from last year and Alex Smith is getting there, but not this weekend.  I'll take the Rams -3.
  • Broncos favored by 10.5 hosting the Chiefs.  Who is QB for KC?  Nothing to think about here.  Taking the Broncos and giving 10.5. 
  • College... I like Notre Dame to cover the 5.5 at home playing Michigan.

blog comments powered by Disqus