Thursday, March 03, 2005

Aloha? A-NO-ha!

* American Idol must've been reading commentaries on last week's cruel elimination round, and cleaned it up this week. First, they showed mercy on us viewers by cutting the show to 30 minutes. Next, they didn't make the losers sing their loser song as they were kicked out the door.

* So much for "monthly strength" in the stock market. Geez. I don't like that the semiconductors basically fell back after hitting resistance. On the otherhand, oil has been going up and tech hasn't faded that much. So if oil can pullback, I think that'd be good for tech. We shall see. Some are calling for a "March low" in the market. I think that's hard to call, so I remain long for now.

* To borrow a line from Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie, Windows XP Media Center is hot. I finaly messed with it last night, and scheduled a recording. In highest quality, a 30-minute show took almost 2-gigs. What did I record? Well... MTV's Ashlee Simpson reality show! C'mon, just to see how it works. I'll delete the file. Really.

* I missed America's Next Top Model last night. But the good news, is that it's replayed on friday. If that can be considered good news.

* The big tech-nerdie thing to do these days is to do your own podcast. That is, create an MP3 file of you doing a talk-show or radio-show, news cast, sports talk, etc., and uploading it to the web for the world to listen to. Folks can download it to their ipod, MP3 player, or desktop, and listen to you.

* Did you watch Lost last night? What's the big guy's name, Hurley? I can't remember, but he's a lotto winner and a millionaire, but he used "cursed numbers" to win the money. So now, he's followed around by curse that affects those around him. Kind of a Pirates of the Carribean theme there. Anyways, he goes off into the jungle to find some French woman, who also has the curse from those numbers. And, the last scene had something on that island with those numbers engraved on it. The plot thickens.

* I hate green bananas. I have to let them ripen a bit, get some brown spots on them.

* I think social security reform is dead, Jim.

* Back to the grind.

blog comments powered by Disqus