Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The King of Pop

* Michael Jackson is on trial, and there is no way any media outlet is going to let us ignore that fact. The craziness is underway. Every little detail. Every reaction to every comment. Today, they're playing some documentary and he's supposedly dancing a jig under the table.

* I wonder if Gary Kaltbaum has closed his 10% short position yet? Not that he's losing a ton in it or anything. The market hasn't moved that much in either direction. Except the Semiconductors seem pretty strong. They got an upgrade today. Which, could be a sign that their rally is getting closer to the end. You know how those crazy analysts work. They seem to upgrade things at the highs, and downgrade things at the lows. They might as well be making weather forecasts for all their accuracy.

* I was out PC shopping and missed American Idol last night. My bad. Made it home for 24, where Edgar seems to have saved the nuclear reactors from melting down. Or, is that "nukular," Mr. President?

* It's pretty easy to wipe out a sleeve of those Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies.

* Can you believe it's March already? Flies time fun when you are having. No doubt about that.

* I used to subscribe to a bunch of financial sites. Can't say that I miss 'em that much. They're fun to read, but there's enough free stuff out there. And financial blogs as you can see in my links. But pay for more opinions? I'd rather be paying overage charges on my cell phone.

* You know, for a band that produces song after song that sounds the same and tiresome, I think Def Leppard's last CD was pretty decent. Maybe the same could be said of Motley Crue? I'm a 80's hair metal fan. So, throw me a bone on 'em, k?

* Speaking of, AC/DC is said to be working on a new studio CD.

* The Supreme Court said today that this nation can't sentence 16 and 17-yr olds to death. I think that's good.

* Did you read that AIDS drugs may help treat bird flu? Of course, the trick is actually getting your bird to take the pills. "Polly want a drug cocktail?" And getting President Bush to extend Medicare coverage to birds? Maybe. Not like he's vetoed any spending yet!

* Kobe Bryant settles his civil case in Colorado. If you think about it, when it comes to lawyers fees and flying back and forth to Colorado, it's easy to see why he did it.

* Of the free financial sites, I like CBS Marketwatch. It's kind of slow loading, though. MSN and Yahoo are pretty good.

blog comments powered by Disqus