Thursday, March 24, 2005

Home Automation

* I'm all for home automation. I have a wireless network and will soon be streaming content from my Media Center PC to my TV. But I do realize that as of now, this technology is all still relatively new and not all of the bugs have been worked out. With wireless technology, you can still get some interference from cordless phones, microwaves, and whatever is going on nextdoor at your neighbors house.

* Stock market is closed on Good Friday. Market up today (so far).

* Looks like Terri Schiavo is a goner. Heck, what a tough call. I understand why the Supreme Court took a pass on that one.

* See the Wendy's storyHuman finger found in a bowl of chili. "This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

* Sure, watching TV that's streaming wirelessly from your PC is all fun and games, until your neighbor microwaves some popcorn and your TV starts changing channels on you.

* Poor Mikalah had to sit and watch her performance from Tuesday's American Idol. Last night was do-over night, and I don't know about the rest of America, but I didn't sit through it again. I watched America's Next Top Model instead!

* Brandy was ousted on Top Model, which kind of surprised me. I just don't see much in Lluvy, who was the other one in the bottom two. But Brandy's road-rage personality was very annoying, so I'm glad she's gone. My favorite so far is Naima. But I'm not sure she did so well on the signs of the Zodiac pose last night.

* I was reading this morning about how the Social Security private accounts are unpopular. The article also said that raising taxes and reducing benefits were also unpopular. Then, at the end, the article suggested that doing nothing could prove unpopular as the financial crisis unfolds. File it under damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Seriously. I mean, would you rather take a blow to the head or be kicked in the nuts? Both would be unpopular in a poll, right?

* Lots of other appliances are coming out on the market now, too. But do you want to rely on that bleeding edge technology? What happens if the phone rings, and your air conditioner turns on or your upstairs toilet flushes?

* I'm not exactly sure why folks would pay a monthly fee for the ability to change their cellphone ring tones. A monthly fee? Now watch, liberal Democrats will want to raise taxes on the rich so that the poor can change the ring tones on their cellphones, too. Because poverty is a bitch, and the poor should get their cellphone calls to the sound of Eric Clapton, too.

* Movie alert! Jessica Alba in Sin City.

* Whitney Houston back in Rehab!

* Can you imagine if you're having an intimate conversation with your significant other on a cordless phone, and it's being piped out live to your neighbor's wireless backyard speaker system? "Love you honey boo-boo, smooch smooch."

* Applied Materials announces a stock buyback and a 3-cent dividend. Break out the tequilla. No, really. I'm long Semis! I still think the market is going to rally for a bit. Semis look to be front-running the move by the other index benchmarks. At least, that's my theory.

* Is Britney Spears pregnant?????

blog comments powered by Disqus