Saturday, September 01, 2007

Pass the Sports Page

Maybe Larry Craig should have said that he thought two taps of the right foot meant "Pass the sports page." (Hat tip to Dennis Miller).

Things have been crazy like funky at the Fun Factory. I was down a few folks last week with vacationing, and a new project is kicking off. I'm even working over Labor Day weekend. WHAT IS THAT?

Anyways, the market was up 1.3% for the month of August. I remain pedal to the metal with 100% longs and a higher than normal beta. We're up near the top of the summer's trading range and September is historically a weaker month, but I'm not going to try and guess a pullback to the lows here. Maybe we'll get a sell the news reaction when the Fed cuts rates. It'll be interesting to see what happens after the holiday as folks position their portfolios.

I had the first fantasy football draft this past week. It was a silent auction draft, were franchise owners all start out with $500 and bid on players for each round. First time with that style, and it was a lot of fun. The next draft for me is monday night...

Have a great weekend!

blog comments powered by Disqus