Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Roaring Like a Lion

  • The first trading day of September roars in like a lion! I'm still 100% long here with beta, and now wondering what lies ahead.  I'm bullish on the market and the economy, but a little wary of the calendar here.  More later on this one.
  • We're in the monthly strength period, in case you didn't notice.  This is when the dollar cost averaging lemmings throw cash in their mutual funds.  (I'm one of the lemmings!)
  • I feel so unplugged from the news after the long weekend.  Plus, spent some time working over the weekend.  Don't worry, I had some beer time in there.  Watched a little college ball.  What's up with those Michigan Wolverines?  Holy smokes.  First time that sort of thing happened, and it means Michigan is instantly out of the #1 hunt.
  • We are living in a world where one can get their news on YouTube, though.  I haven't been following the 2008 election speeches.  First of all, we all know it's going to be Hillary vs. Rudy.  Second, IT'S 2007!  But every speech and gaffe is quickly up on YouTube for instant ridicule. 
  • I'm glad I don't live in a hurricane state.  Geez.  Here I am complaining about  20 mph breezes in Sacramento.   I can't imagine 160 mph winds.  Plus, in addition to the hurricane, you'd have Geraldo around all the time.
  • The second fantasy football draft is in the books.  Drafted 9th in a 12 team league.  By the later rounds, the talent pool thins out quite a bit. 
  • Man, day is almost over and it feels like I have so much left to do...

blog comments powered by Disqus