Monday, September 24, 2007

TV, NFL, Fed, Ex-GF

  • Got the DVR set for Journeyman, Heroes, the Bionic Women, etc? This is kick-off weekend for new TV.  Hooooohah.
  • Three words:  Carrie Ann Inaba.  Dancing with the Stars! 
  • This release from the Fed:

CHICAGO FED INDEX NEGATIVE IN AUGUST
U.S. economic growth trends below average in August and there is little
inflationary pressure over the coming year, according to data released by the
Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.

  • There you go.  The Fed rate was too high and combined with higher energy costs (acting like a tax increase on folks), the economy is growing below trend.  Thus, no threat of inflation.
  • I guess the market rolled over on that.  (If we're trying to find a reason).  We've had a strong move up, and EVERYONE seems to be predicting a retrace to 1500 on the SP500.  The so-called month-end strength begins later this week.
  • Boy, that Steelers-49ers game was the easiest one to predict before the weekend.  What shocked me?  I think the Packers beating the Chargers and the Giants beating the Redskins.  Donovan McNabb always seems to perform well when the media spotlight is on him.  Maybe someone should insult him and question his ability every week.
  • What didn't shock me?  Rex Grossman looking horrible.  But I can't believe that Brian Griese is the answer in Chicago.  And just because Leftwich is going to Atlanta doesn't mean the Bears have to enter the Joey Harrington era, either.  Give Jake Plummer's agent a call, eh?
  • Dolphins lose 3 in a row.  But that STUPID Ronnie Brown who couldn't do squat in the first two weeks has a monster day and I lose in the Fantasy League.  Good grief.   I'm also 0-3, but have the 3rd highest point totals in a 12 team league.  Go figure.  Last week I lost to LaMont Jordan and Carson Palmer.
  • Lunch with an ex-gf today.  She dumped me back in the day but has Kept in touch with emails here and there, with an occassional lunch. 
  • The ex-gf looks good.  Kind of fun catching up.  I can't remember specifically why she dumped me.  It was a dramatic conversation at my house, though.  I remember that part.  I was surprised when she quit me, because I didn't see it coming.  I thought it was all wine and roses up to that part. 
  • Then it was over.  Period.  End of sentence.  "Lets be friends."
  • Which actually, the strange thing is that we have kept in touch on a semi-infrequent basis.
  • Today she was telling me that she doesn't want to work at the same place that her husband does.  Because then she'd have to worry about who she's having conversations with or going to lunch with, and would have to manage rumors.  Interesting, huh?
  • Anyways.  Keep things light and flirty, end on a hug, and "Lets do it again soon."

blog comments powered by Disqus