Friday, September 28, 2007

Lets Go, Mets! M-E-T-S!!!

  • I can't believe September is over already. Where does the time go?  Where does a division lead go?  (That's a NY Mets reference there.  Blowing a 7-game lead?  C'mon, fellas.  Did you play all season for THAT?  Can't wait to get out on the golf course?)
  • Erin says this has been the best September for the stock market in 9 years!
  • The PCE year over year?  1.8%.  Inflation-Shminflation.  Good news.
  • Consumers spending more than their making.   Ain't that always the case?
  • Rudy Johnson out this week for the Bengals.  I picked up back up RB Kenny Watson.  Not sure that's a great start against the Patriots monday night, FWIW.  But better than starting Reggie Bush on a bye week.  Or even starting Reggie Bush on a non-bye week these days.  LOL.
  • She emailed me wednesday.  What, two years since last contact?  Sheez.  She searched for me on LinkedIn and emailed me.  So I emailed her back a two word reply, then she emailed me back a sentence.  Then I sent her a longer email and a pic.  She sent me back her cell phone number.  I haven't called.  Eh, whatever (to paraphrase Avril Lavigne).  Maybe I'll suck down a couple of beers tomorrow and then call her.  No reason to talk to her without a two-beer buzz.  Or maybe I'll just take the kayak out and not call her, watch a movie, and then drink the beers anyways.  That sounds like the best option, actually.  hahah.
  • So her email was touching and teasing a little.  You know the kind.  Not like "I have my hand in my panties and I'm thinking about you."  Nowhere close to that, actually.  I'm taking some liberties with my interpretations here.
  • Uh, where was I?
  • Rudy Johnson, out.  Hamstring. 
  • So the Kelly Hu pic is up because that's kinda sorta who she looks like. 
  • Week 1 in TV land and I'm already behind in my TV watching!  Okay, so the weekend plans are not to call her, drink some beers, and watch the DVR recordings.  Oh, and kayak.  Eh, screw the kayak.  It's kind of chilly out there.  Cloudy.  Maybe a bike ride.  Or maybe just watching football.

blog comments powered by Disqus