Monday, July 11, 2005

Kelly Hu as Vanilla Manilla

* Engergizer Bunny market. Just let it keep going and going. It's nice to have a rally in the face of pretty extreme pessimism. The economy has been in that sweet spot of moderate growth, and the economic expansion continues. My trading indicators never flashed a buy signal on tech, so I remain in a diversified index for this latest ride up. It'd have been nice to catch the move in something with a little more volatility, but I'm not going to complain too loudly.

* Scotch is a nasty drink. Smells like that stuff I use to put on my skin as a teenager.

* No baseball today, because tomorrow is the All-Star game. Does anybody watch that?

* Which Batman? Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney or Christian Bale?

* Why does Quiznos charge so much more for a toasted sandwich? They're good.

* Geraldo the hurricane chaser. During the hurricanes of 2004, I remember Geraldo out there talking about wind and rain. Over the weekend, I flipped on FOX to see the damage, and there he was again.

* Did you see Katie Holmes in First Daughter? It was one of those sappy romantic comedies, that wasn't too romantic or that funny. I think Katie stripping in the bar was one of the most unsexy scenes I've ever scene. I think she's pretty hot, but she just seems so wholesome. Except for that tattoo. She'll always be Joey Potter to me.

* I have to go with Val Kilmer, only because that was my favorite of the movies.

* Kim Bassinger did a bad acting job in Cellular. But, I liked that movie.

* Searching IMDB, the movie Expats is in post-production. What caught my eye here is that Kelly Hu seems to be the lead female, with the character name Vanilla Manilla.

Plot Summary for
Expats (2005)

A unique caper in the vein of Ocean's 11 meets Lost in Translation. Jeremy Keller a wayward college graduate goes to Korea to teach English to 10 year-olds. Immediately he falls in with a group of eccletic expatriates - Casey surf-slacker from Nebraska who now teaches English; Mark, a washed-up pro ball player with a gambling addiction; Albert, Mark's Korean-Canadian translator; Ian, an outrageous British DJ; and Vanilla Manilla, a sexy nightclub diva stuck in a low-rent club. Jeremy is quickly lured into the darkly seductive underworld of Pusan, the modern Casablanca. When they discover Korean gangsters never carry guns, they hatch an outrageous plan - to rob them.

* Thank God for Netflix.

* I really hate spiders.

* I got pretty toasted at a party on saturday. I think I needed that. I didn't need the hangover on sunday, but I think I worked out some inner turmoils. Or at least suppressed them for awhile. Nothing wrong with buyin' time.

blog comments powered by Disqus