Thursday, July 14, 2005

Lunchtime Meetings

* I usually make a point to block out my calender from 11-1pm. Reason is, I hate it when somebody schedules an 11-12pm meeting, because I'm usually getting a little hungry and am more worried about lunch than whatever the meeting is about. The meeting ends up being a waste of time, as I'm daydreaming about a burrito instead of the issue at hand.

* The stock market? Well, I got a sell signal on the whole market yesterday evening when I ran my charts. But I'm sticking with my index longs right now. Earnings season looking good, and this is options week. It'll be interesting to see if the market closes at a 4-year high. I think a lot of the shorts who thought the London terrorist attacks would drive down the market, are getting crushed unloading their shorts.

* Jessica Alba in Fantastic Four? I have to see it.

* I updated my calendar this week, and forgot to block out the 11-1pm slot. So, somebody booked a meeting. And this somebody is the kind of person who eats at their desk at odd hours, never takes a lunch or break, and always seems on the run and frustrated that she can never get a hold of anybody on demand.

* In that INXS reality show, I think Jordis is the best. Cute, and she can belt it out. Some of those other folks are just too goofy. Like the guy with no shirt. What's that?

* Blackberries are expensive. I was thinking, maybe it's because the little suckers are hard to pick from vines that are thorny and full of snakes. There's a lot of hard work in every basket of blackberries.

* The chances of this meeting running over the noon hour are high, just because of the personalities involved.

* Hockey is back. Yeah, the NHL solved their issues. Did you even miss it? Did you notice it was gone?

* Lunch time is my time. I need the break. I go for a walk or run an errand. I just escape for an hour. You book me for a meeting around the lunch hour, and I'm grumpy the whole day. You're messing with me at that point.

blog comments powered by Disqus