Monday, July 18, 2005

Muckdog and the Fun Factory

* As far as sappy romantic comedies go, I thought Hitch was decent.

* I'm trying to fill a few vacancies on my team. It's kind of a buyer's market when it comes to picking and choosing potential employees these days. Lots of applicants. I remember the tech mania of the late 90's boom, and it was tough to find good people. The job market was tight. Now, they're out there.

* In the stock market, the week after options expiration week tends to be down, especially if the options week was positive. Sometimes that doesn't work; sometimes it does. I've noticed that some of the monthly seasonal trends tend to play out if the preceding weeks have been in the opposite direction.

* Just found out an ex-girlfriend works here at the Fun Factory. She's doing quite well since we parted. I think she dumped me, is how it went. She said something about wanting to be friends, and that was the last time we ever went out. She got married. Had a few kids. Anyways, I kinda liked her at the time. But that's how it goes. She's very funny. Cute. Nice. Japanese. Kinda chubby, but even moreso now after kids and time. Great cook, from what I recall.

* I like the fast turnover from the movie theater to DVD.

* I hate yellow jackets and wasps.

* I've been shopping digital cameras. I have one that's 2megapixel, that's pretty old. So I was thinking of a 7megapixel Nikon coolpix. I dunno. Thoughts?

* Hey, have you tried those Parmesan Cheez-Its? Lots of tastey goodness in every square.

* The Bruce Willis movie Hostage was entertaining. I don't remember when that one was at the theater.

* It is funny that the stock market has done so well with the financials kind of underperforming. I'd expect more from Citigroup and GE when the market was moving up. And look at the Wilshire 5000. Hooooo. Good time to be in that index. I think the diversification is great. Small and mid caps have been booming, and if one is stuck in the SP500 or DOW, they're missing out.

* I like my job. I even look forward to coming in. Crazy, huh?

blog comments powered by Disqus