Saturday, July 02, 2005

Saturday

* The stock charts on a few companies I watch are starting to look interesting. Almost as if the market is going to try to stage a rally here. I'm just staying long the general market so I participate. This is where it's tempting to rotate into something with a little higher beta (volatility) to get more, but since I don't actually have a tech buy signal yet, I'm going to be patient.

* I think the overall market trend is up, which is why I'm staying long the general market. My strategy during a bull market is just to identify periods where the market is overbought or oversold, and adjust my beta accordingly. When I think the market is oversold, I increase my weighting in techs or financials. When I think the market is overbought, I just go to the SPY, VTI and DVY. But I remain totally invested during the bull trend.

* I like my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches toasted.

* DVD sales are down. I never understood why anybody would want to own a DVD. I have a few, but I never watch them. I like Netflix. You want to watch something, put it at the top of your list and it'll be in the mailbox tomorrow.

* Sad to hear about Luther Vandross. Great singer.

* I think home sales are slowing down here. Especially higher-priced homes.

* Not only have I quit caffeine, I've also started to weed out caffeine free tea, coffee and soda now. What I've noticed, is that food seems to taste better. I've also noticed a lot less heart burn.

* I was out for sushi the other night, and overheard some folks at the next table talking about how much they've made on their home sales the past year. Deja-2000-vu.

* Work didn't call me last night or this morning, so I'm assuming everything is ok.

* I told my buddy I quit caffeine, and he told me he quit years ago. He noticed the same changes I did. More energy. I'm like "Dude, why didn't you tell me?"

* I was at a sports bar during March Madness, 2000. And instead of folks talking about the games, they were talking about stocks. The sports bar even had one channel on CNBC.

* Yard work.

blog comments powered by Disqus