Friday, July 22, 2005

TGIF!

* I go to Subway for lunch, come back, and somebody must've juiced the stock market with jalepenos. Look at that rally the last hour. I wonder how the shorts feel? It can't be pretty. Stocks seem to be rallying on mediocre news. It's nice to see the ramp up, though. The put/call ratio really hasn't shown complacency, but rather some fear in the market. Climbing the wall of worry I guess.

* I've been playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas off and on for awhile, and had no idea that there was a downloadable modification that let the characters engage in sex. I'll have to fire that up this weekend... Hahaha.

* Households double up on digital video recorders. I've been using my XP media center and a wireless network to watch the shows on the TV. Works well. (Linksys Media Extender.) I can burn shows I want to keep on DVD. Might come in handy during football season. Pause live TV and such. Especially after that 10th beer and it's bathroom breaks every 5 minutes.

* Dan Marino says he rejected an offer to play with the Steelers in 2000. Link. He's going into the Hall of Fame in August. I really enjoyed watching Marino play under Don Shula. What a QB. Too bad they had weak defenses during the time. Although some argue that too much passing led to fatigue on the Dolphins defense, because the clock stopped a lot, and drives were quick.

* I'm bummed that the redistricting proposition was blackballed from the CA November election. In CA, the state government basically made local races noncompetitive in the last redistricting. No seats changed in the last election. Why vote? It's been rigged. So, I was hoping that some bipartisan panel could make every seat challengable. NOPE. Sad. More of the same for CA. Lameass government. Can't blame the voters, though. We have no say.

* More later! TGIF!

blog comments powered by Disqus