Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Various Distractions

* Intel and Yahoo reported after hours, and folks don't like what they heard. Yikes.

* Did you read that Dark Chocolate is healthy for you? Flavanoids! Hallelujah! God has a plan after all! EAT DARK CHOCOLATE AND REJOICE!

* At what point does a veggie sandwich from Subway become a dinner salad on bread? The woman who made my sandwich today put so many veggies on it, that it didn't fold up like a sandwich. Stuff was falling out all over.

* The previous person in my job was very sharp, and some of her projects are now finished and in testing. Unfortunately, they're failing in test (or production) so now I get 'em. Good grief. And people come to me like I'm supposed to be an expert. "So, what was this project about?"

* The pizza from Costco is pretty good.

* I'm hungry. I ate some watermelon. A whole bunch of watermelon. But that wasn't that satisfying. And I have to pee.

* I'm infatuated with the cute asian who smokes. She smokes quite a bit. I think she comes to work, gets coffee, and goes and smokes. Then, she works for a few minutes, runs to the bathroom, and comes out and smokes. She makes a few phone calls, checks her email, and goes out and smokes. This goes on all day long. She's married. She's quite chatty and outgoing, though. Fun to talk to.

* So, the market has been rallying quite a bit even if we're only up a few ticks for the year. It's been pretty strong recently. I've been getting sell signals on the total market, but ignoring them. We'll see if that was the right thing to do tomorrow.

* You know what sounds good to me right now? Nachos. Not those ballgame cheez-whiz nachos, though. I'm thinking from a Mexican restaurant of good reputation, piled high and messy. With a few Coronas. Of course.

* Lots of folks aren't happy with wage growth in the economy. But I think a lot of them have too high expectations coming out of the 90's. I remember a guy who was selling granite countertops. He learned HTML, and decided he was a web programmer. He was making big money in 1998-1999. But then in 2000, he got fired and tried to find a job in programming, but there were a glut of onshore and offshore folks willing to take much less in salary. He's back to selling granite countertops.

* As summer rolls along, the attic gets hot and acts like a heating blanket over the house. Even if you cool off the inside with open windows, as soon as you close it back up, the heating blanket kicks in and drives the temperature up.

* I was at a thing friday night, and saw some folks I haven't seen for awhile. So yesterday at a swim party (on a monday night!), my friend tells me that on friday her married friend said "muckdog looks really good." I wasn't sure what to say. "Really, well I guess it's been awhile since we've all been together." My friend just kind of smiled. Weird. Oh, she's filipina of course, and very attractive.

* Do I seem distracted? I'm going home. Heck.

blog comments powered by Disqus