Friday, March 03, 2006

TGIF! (Market and Random Stuff)

Pet me, Muck.

 
  • I think we should call this week in the stock market "6 Flags at Wall St." because of the rollercoaster volatility.  Price and volume look good for the bulls, me thinks.  I'm still surprised by the bearishness out there.  I was perusing some IHUB boards, and those folks mostly seem apocalyptic.  I've noticed that they seem to be on the wrong side of the investing tracks year 'round.
  • So tired.  It was raining here last night and I couldn't sleep.  My cat couldn't sleep either, so she constantly badgered me last night.  Don't have the heart to throw her out at night in the rain.  But the thought did cross my mind.  More than once. 
  • Good column by Barry Ritholz on why he views the short-term as bullish.  Actually, it's an outstanding column! 
  • Netflix flicks...  I got the Enron movie for this weekend.  Looking forward to it. 
  • I wonder how many California high school seniors could find Dubai on a map?  Seriously, this issue of who controls the US ports is going to be a very interesting election-year spitball.  And you know that it's going to be overblown, overspun, and probably wildly ignored by more than just CA high school seniors.
  • I was reading (somewhere) that CA's population growth is mostly due to immigration and children of immigrants.  Generally, I'd guess that this means the population increases are coming from the poorest among us.  Meanwhile, we have the baby boomers about to retires.  I'm just wondering how the tax structure of CA is going to hold up with all these folks depending on more government services.  Just wondering outloud.
  • TGIF!  (Hey, I know I said that earlier but now I'm taking off!)

 

blog comments powered by Disqus