Friday, March 31, 2006

Amazing Friday

  • Friday at the oasis...
  • The market is doingnothing.  I ran the Black Box last night and was looking at the semiconductors.  As you know, I bought some a few weeks ago to add some go-go juice to my portfolio.  I also bought some tech and small cap growth.  I don't use the MACD that much, as it's a little on the lagging side.  But I do look at it.  Notice how the MACD worked it's way down while the semiconductors just moved sideways.  It crossed up a few days ago, which some people claim is bullish.  We'll see.  I am seeing some negative divergences out there, though.  Still long. Still strong. 
  • Not surprising to see some profit taking in the Nasdaq this friday.  I think even though we are at the end of the month and subject to some end of quarter, end of month, and end of week shenanigans, the new month should see some 401k buys as folks dollar cost average into their mutual funds.  After that, who knows?  Folks might have some taxes to pay.
  • I had this dream last night that I was running the fantasy football league for my office.  And for some reason, after the draft everyone had the same exact teams that they had last year.  So I had to have a 2nd draft the 2nd week.   But then the software wouldn't work to keep track of the draft.  What the heck does that all mean?  Stressed at work?
  • Finaly caught up with The Apprentice, as Dan was booted off.  I think Tarek needs to go; he's just a disaster.  So is Lenny, but at least he's funny.  That cruise ship ad they did was pretty bad.  If instead of the guy stranded on a raft (shipwrecked), they could've had the guy bored at work or something.  Same concept.  Who wants to show a shipwrecked guy on an ad for cruise ships anyways?  That's just bad mojo.
  • Also caught up with America's Next Top Model, where Gina was cut loose.  She was very pretty, but very annoying.  Sheez.  I'm pulling for Sara.  She's from Davis, which is just across the bypass from here.
  • Also caught up with The Amazing Race, where the Dani girls got yielded and then blew the statue making Roadblock.  They're gone.  I think I'm pulling for the hippy guys on this one.  They're pretty funny.
  • More later...

blog comments powered by Disqus