Thursday, October 19, 2006

Those 4th Quarter Bears

Nobody fears the Bears. Just ask Dennis Green. But better watch out for the 4th quarter.

Say, aren't we in the 4th quarter?  Is Brian Urlacher about to step in and rip the ball away from the Bulls?  If there was a stock representation of Urlacher, maybe it would be Intel (INTC) and the semiconductors.  Intel had an underwhelming report this week, and more alarmingly was their reduction in cap-ex spending.  The question is that if tech is slowing down and potentially rolling over, can the stock market continue to advance?

I have no qualms with my lower beta holdings with some cash on the sidelines.  I've halted my flips for now.  We're in options week, and I would imagine things calm down tomorrow.   But the week after options tends to be a little weak, so we'll have to see if the strugglin' Semiconductors lead the market lower or can nail a long field goal at the bell to beat back the Bears.

blog comments powered by Disqus