Monday, October 23, 2006

Google vs My Utility Company

  • So Adam is talking about Google and Jim Cramer's comments about the GOOG. I added in the comments that the company makes billions of dollars giving away FREE stuff.  Free blog.  Free search. Free videos.  News.  Sports.  Etc.  F-R-double-E.  Now why can't my utility company try this business model?  Instead of charging for kilowatts and therms, how about just including some ads in the monthly statement and we call it even? 
  • About 11:45 I was going to sneak out to lunch, and then somebody launched a sneak attack and scheduled an immediate meeting!  So this lasted until 12:45, and then I had a 2 hour meeting from 1:00-3:00.   ARGH! 
  • Want to slow memory loss?  Eat your veggies!
  • What do Erin Burnett and the Bare Naked Ladies have in common?  Nothing I can think of.  Jessica Simpson and the same band?  Me neither.  Dunno.
  • If computers ran the NBA, Shaq would be benched!
  • Two drinks a day help men avoid heart attacks!  "Our results suggest that moderate drinking could be viewed as a complement, rather than an alternative," to lifestyle interventions such as regular physical activity, weight loss and quitting smoking, said the study from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.  Darn, I was hoping for "alternative."  Anyways, I guess I'll be having a few drinks and heading out on the bike tonight!  (Just kidding, Eric Musselman.)

blog comments powered by Disqus