Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Smell of Enthusiasm in the Morning!

  • Feel it yet? I'm talking about market enthusiasm and excitement about making money when the bull is charging.  The market has been in quite an uptrend since the summer lows, and I don't know about you but I'm feeling caught up in it.  It's so tempting to start throwing money at stuff that seems to be making new highs every second.  When the market is running it is so enticing.   Of course, in Adam's Random Thoughts yesterday he linked to his interview at Stocktickr where he said "you make money by NOT losing money."  I don't feel bad booking profits a few weeks ago, much like I did in April prior to the summer correction.  I feel a pullback is coming.  But I'm sure seeing lots of stock scans that are grabbing at least my emotions.
  • Democrats have a huge lead in the polls following the GOP IM scandal.  Of course, that's last week's news.  Gerrymandering will figure big in the election of House races.  I think a return to gridlock would be good for the economy, as the House and Senate would just cancel each other out.
  • Mark Cuban still thinks Google is crazy for buying YouTube.  Or as Cuban calls it, GooTube.

blog comments powered by Disqus