Wednesday, October 18, 2006

DOW 12,000 Sugar High

  • The market raced out of the gate high on sugarand made it over 12,000.   Erin Burnett broke out her DOW 12,000 paper hat that ironically fell to the floor as she began talking.  Ironically?  Not long after the market reversed and is now under 12,000 as I type!  Market technicians, aka Bob Pisani's friends, may call this day a "key reversal day" if we close down for the day.  We'll have to wait and see.  Darn sugar highs can wear off quickly!
  • Save the cheerleader.  Save the world.  (from Heroes)
  • The semiconductors are taking a beating today as Intel (INTC) announced that they're cutting cap-ex spending.  Can the market continue to move up on bulldozers, cigarettes, and domestic cars?  (CAT, MO, and GM).
  • I cancelled my Wall Street Journal online subscription.  I read 1 article a week at most.  $99 a year for THAT?  I did sign up for Barrons, though.  $59 a year teaser rate.   That's $40 a year savings that I can spend on lap dances instead.

blog comments powered by Disqus