Friday, October 06, 2006

More Market Thoughts (and Stuff)

  • I haven't blogged as much this week. Just been swamped and in meetings.  I have made a few trades here and there in the oil sector, but nothing major.  I normally stick with ETFs and big caps, but have added some smaller names. Still have some cash from my September sales here and here.  The sale on the semiconductor stuff has worked out, but not so much the other tech.  I feel much the same way as I felt in April when I made some sells before summer.  It was a bit early, but turned out to work out well for me.  Even though I had the second thoughts.
  • It's too early for New Year's resolutions, but I never make those anyways.  One of my goals is to learn how to better trade smaller cap stocks. I'm comfortable with my approach on the big caps and indexes.  But that approach doesn't work on specific small stocks.  Heading down the learning curve there. 
  • Will Google buy YouTube?  Should they?  Google has a video service, and the barrier of entry for these kinds of services is fairly low.  Who heard of YouTube or MySpace a few years ago?  Google would get instant eyeballs on click-ads, which I still don't understand that revenue model.
  • NBC's show Heroes picked up for a season.  I like that one.
  • Since the Dodgers won the World Series in 1988, they are 1-11 in the post-season.  I suppose we should be wondering who is the sorry, pathetic, sad excuse for a team that gave them the one victory?
  • By the way, I love YouTube.  I think it's great.
  • Battlestar Galactica tonight!  WOOT!

blog comments powered by Disqus