Monday, August 16, 2010

Hulu IPO a Good Thing

Maybe it's just me, but I think this market needs a little excitement. A Hulu IPO makes sense.


Hulu is making money. They're adding subscription models via TV devices connected to the Internet. And it seems like the whole content-on-demand is coming on line. This is especially true with faster broadband coming soon.

Other than sports, who watches live TV anymore? I've thought about getting rid of the dish for an HD antenna. I already have a Roku box and a PS3 for streaming movies, Hulu, and MLB over the Internet to the TV. If it wasn't for Directv's monopoly on the NFL Sunday Ticket, I'd probably get rid of the dish.

I think the IPO is a positive for the market. We need a little excitement and speculation.

blog comments powered by Disqus