Friday, August 20, 2010

TGIF Randomosity

The stock market is coming back after the major suckage earlier. I don't read much into that as it is late on a Friday. But maybe those who are all in find it less unnerving. A few randomosities ...


  • CA furlough Fridays are back. I thought traffic would be lighter coming in, but I guess the state workers are taking advantage of a long summer weekend and heading out of town. Or all heading out to the liquor store at the same time.
  • The new normals. Five behavioral changes in this new economic era. I kind of agree. Folks adapt. Think about your financial values compared to the previous generations. We are a product of our knowledge and experience.
  • Unemployment Rates, by State. Nevada, California and Michigan are the worst. Although, it's not like I'm not trying to help Nevada with these weekend jaunts to the Silver State. North Dakota is the best. Nice double negative above, Muck. I'm leaving it!
  • I'm wearing glasses today. Totally four-eyes. Tired of the contacts plus reading glasses, I went all in on some progressive glasses. Now, I believe that if you're going to do something, you do it right. I got the clip on shades and the lenses change tint in sunlight. Like I said, I'm all in on this four eyes thing. Geek!
  • So that leads us to sci-fi Asian babe of the day, again, Grace Park. I was in line yesterday and was reading a Wiki and came across Grace. So I read her background. She received a degree in Psychology before acting. There you go. Beauty and brains.
  • I like doing the audioboos, especially with a little music in the background. So I found an iPhone and ipad app called Caster. I have the free version now. It is a multitrack recorder that allows you to add clips and rearrange clips. I'm emailing with the developer to fix a few issues with the mixer. It could be user error. Documentation is poor but not hard to figure out with a little messing around But probably worth the $9.99 if things get fixed. Not bad.

blog comments powered by Disqus