Thursday, October 14, 2004

Debate Quick Hits

I'm a little disappointed in Saturday Night Live's election skits. The debate one last weekend was weak. They need to focus in on the Kerry "I have a plan" and "this administration has been a disaster" rhetoric. Some ideas...

* SNL Kerry idea: "If you saw on the news, Mt St. Helens started to erupt this week. Now, this administration, has done nothing to stop volcanic eruptions. During the 8 years before President Bush, there were no eruptions. It's been a failure of leadership. I have a plan, consisting of may sub-plans. Each plan has a goal and an expected outcome. I've been doing this sort of thing since I was an alter boy at church. The Father always checked to make sure that I had a plan. And I did."

* SNL Bush idea: "My opponent just said that I've been President for the past four years. That's news to me."

* SNL Kerry idea: "Thanks for the question. Faith has been an important part of my life. As an alter boy, the Father would take me aside and... (puzzled expression) Oh, he told me to keep that part a secret. My administration, will consist of many alter boys, and alter girls. We'll be inclusive, and reach out to all those who have and have not served at the alter. This administration, has made the wrong decision time and time again, and John Edwards and I have a plan."

* SNL Bush idea: "I pray everyday. Faith is im-por-tant to me. It's part of my life. That's what I do. I pray for faith. I pray that we kill as many terrorists as possible. That's part of my strategeric vision. We hunt them down and kill as many as possible one day. Then tomorrow, we try and break that record. So yes, I believe in prayer. "

More later....

blog comments powered by Disqus