Thursday, October 28, 2004

Kerry's 20-20 Hindsight

Do you have a coworker in the office who takes credit for your work, or second guesses everything that goes wrong or creates issues? Sometimes, these folks are called "Me, too" people. They don't work that hard. Love to take credit for others' work. They love to point the finger and blame when something goes wrong. Instead of taking risks, working hard, and creating solutions, they roam the office seeking opportunities to pounce on others trying to advance themselves.

Doesn't John Kerry's recent campaign rhetoric remind you of that coworker in your office? I think that's what is behind all his flip-flops. He's for the war. He's against the war. Saddam is a threat. Saddam wasn't a threat. He's just being that guy in the office; the coworker seeking to look good no matter what happens. I think that's what's more troubling than the flip-flops. It's difficult to imagine this guy leading anything. He's great at second guessing, but what about taking charge?

The Congress will remain in GOP control after tuesday, no matter who wins the Presidential race. I wonder, if Kerry does win, will Congress be leading the country while Kerry waits until the results are in, and then criticizes or takes credit for Congressional leadership?

That's the feeling I get. The John Kerry in my office came in today with a Red Sox cap. I've never seen him with a Red Sox cap before. I bet if I go ask him, he'll tell me he's always been a Red Sox fan. What do you think?

blog comments powered by Disqus