Thursday, October 07, 2004

Quick Hits

* I read with interest that the Atkins diet related stocks are losing some of their luster. Companies are reporting decling sales. Is the low-carb fad over?

* "American Idol" doesn't start until January. Seems a long ways off; but, it's not.

* Stocks? Well, many emails from friends suggesting that FINALY! THE SELL OFF HAS BEGUN! Not sure I concur. But, can't blame them for expecting an October crash.

* Ricky Williams wants to come back and play football. If I were Miami, I'd tell him to go fly a kite.

* I'm tired of all the politics, too. But it's so engaging. Like a reality show!

* Pass the chocolate cake, please. With ice cream! Ooh, hot fudge, too!

* My liberal buddy emailed me and said he was voting for Bush. Huh?

* I wonder how well Home Depot is doing? On one hand, lots of sales to folks rebuilding homes from the hurricanes. On the otherhand, lots of cash going to fuel that used to be spent out shopping.

* Whenever I see somebody walking a dachshund, I notice that the wiener dog has to work really hard to keep up with the owner. Pretty cute! Those things are built pretty low to the ground. Walking in the snow must be a drag!

* Political blogs are too much. I'll try and stop.

* Mt. St. Helens calming down? I'll miss gazing at the volcano cam.

blog comments powered by Disqus