Sunday, October 31, 2004

Voters Guide

I don't know how your state and local elections are looking, but here in CA there is a ton of information to go through because of all the propositions and candidates on the ballot. We're being urged to spend time this weekend researching and doing homework, to determine how we want to vote this coming tuesday. The local TV news has interviewed folks who plan on hunkering down this weekend reviewing the information. One person said that she's already spent one day, and plans on spending another!

That's one approach.

I've figured out a way to save a bunch of time. I usually just go the opposite of the recommendations in the Op-Ed section of my local paper, the Sacramento Bee. You see, there was a time where I'd do all the research and homework on the issues and candidates; but, I found that 99.9% of the time, my conclusions were exactly the opposite of the Bee Op-Ed writers!

If they've done their homework as I suspect, I can enjoy the weekend assured that they've come to the wrong conclusions. There are some awesome football games on. You think I was going to miss that great finale to the Michigan St. vs Michigan game to hammer out the pros and cons of ballot initiatives? Skip the game winning field goal by the rookie in North Carolina as they beat #3 Miami, going over the pro vs. con arguments for the Stem Cell initiative?

No way! Not when I've got the Sacramento Bee staff doing my homework for me!

blog comments powered by Disqus