Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Stick-to-itiveness?

Hey, Muck. My meals come from a shaker!

 
  • The market!  I like this meandering action after last week's ramp.  We're still a week away from the end of month positive bias.  There should also be lots of chatter about investors returning from summer vacation after Labor Day and ramping up volume.  We'll have to keep an eye on the market and sentiment around that point.  Maybe it'll cause me to lower my beta a bit.  But, lets see how she plays out.
  • I finaly went and saw Pirates of the Carribean over the weekend.  It was long, that's for sure.  I'm not sure if I liked it or not.  I didn't dislike it.  It did have a "been there, done that" feeling to it.  So, as Randy Jackson might say, "It was just a'ight for me, dog."
  • I wonder if folks who are on ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) drugs have enough sticktoitiveness to read the new warnings on the label?
  • Stood in the dreaded long line at Subway today.  My first reaction was to leave and go somewhere else.  But driving time, another line to stand in... Might as well stay put.  Worked out okay.  But I don't have a lot of patience when the high school workers are standing there talking with the crowd instead of moving sandwiches along.   C'mon, folks.  Time is money.  The crowd is hungry and anxious.   Maybe they're psyched that Arnold and the CA Legislature have agreed on raising the minimum wage to $8/hr.  I suppose that means sandwich prices will go up.
  • I saw Dan Marino on a commercial shillin' for some "weight loss in a box" meal plan.  Do you think Marino eats his 3-squares from little boxes?
  • Herb on momentum investing
  • Iran says they're willing to talk about their nuclear weapons program.  My reaction?  They're dragging it out.  Whatever it takes for them to get from here to there (having a bomb).
  • Is "sticktoitiveness" a word?
  • Barry Ritholz wonders Does the bond market have it all wrong?  My answer?  No.  But read his views and the story he links to.  Always good to know.

blog comments powered by Disqus