Thursday, February 16, 2006

As Thursday Races By...

  • France accuses Iran of having secret nuclear program. This may drag on awhile, and I'm hoping for a peaceful resolution. But I have a feeling that's not the way it will go. Hopefully, the US won't stick our necks out all alone on this one and let Inspector Clouseau and Co. lead the way.

  • Seems like we're getting our options week rally after all. I remain long diversified ETFs and funds. Not doing anything fancy here. The total market and Nasdaq are closing on previous 52-wk highs and the DOW is at new highs. It's not often that the DOW leads the rally, and generally not as healthy. Seems like the normal course is that the Nasdaq leads, followed by the SP500 and DOW. I've been mentioning how weird it is to see such bearishness and pessimism with the market near the highs. I think that's a good thing for the market going higher.

  • On Lost last night, the story was about a captured Other and some history regarding Saiyd. During his Iraqi war days. Kind of interesting.

  • On Day 2, Bernanke says that financial literacy needs to be stressed in order to teach children to save when they are younger. (Hallelujah, somebody is finaly saying it!)

  • We're down to the final 24 on American Idol! Let the toll-free calling begin!

  • Dancing with the Stars tonight! Tia and George have been voted off the island since I last watched. Hard not to cheer on Stacy. Not that I'll watch tonight, but I just might. We'll see. I do favor the Olympics over the dancing.

  • Is it just me, or is February racing by?

  • Some printer hog here at the Fun Factory is leveling a forest today. Good grief.

  • Bryant Gumbel said the winter Olympics is like a GOP Convention. Do a google search for his comments on the Olympics. Good grief.

  • Vice President Dick Cheney shoots somebody by accident, and the loyal opposition shoots themselves in foot over politicizing the event. Saying it wasn't an accident, or he was impared, or whatever. Good grief.

  • I started writing this around 7:30am, and it's now 4:45pm. I guess I got a little busy. Good grief!

blog comments powered by Disqus