Friday, February 17, 2006

Quick Hits

  • With XM and SIRI struggling to make money, I just wonder if satellite radio is doomed.  Much like Globalstar and satellite phones.  Is distributing music by satellite cost effective?  We have wireless technology and speed improving.  I think eventually, Ipods and cellphones will be able to get the music and programming without having to have a clear view of the sky.
  • I told my coworker (who is from Canada) that I liked Curling.  So now he's forwarding me links and such.  I guess he played in his younger days and religiously follows it.  So I'm learning all about it. Kind of cool.
  • A buddy is vacationing in Thailand.  Ahem.  Yeah.  Disneyland for guys.
  • It's cold here in Sac.  They say it might snow.  HUH?  Yeah, snow.  It won't stick or anything, but it's kind of cool to see when it happens.  Just stay off the roads, because nobody here can drive when it rains; I can't imagine the problems if the white stuff is falling!
  • Ran the Black Box.  No buys or sells, just continuing to trend from the last buy.  Status quo.  Long and strong.  I added a bunch of the Powershares ETFs to follow and backtest and see how they do with the indicators I use.

blog comments powered by Disqus