Friday, February 24, 2006

TGIF! (Home Sick Again)

  • At the Copa, Copacabana.... Bobby Bennett gets voted off the American Idol island!  I was wondering if we'd see folks gaming the system and voting for Bobby.  Didn't happen.   He sung it for Grams.  He was so animated, it just was hillarious.  Not only did he sing Copacabana, in his interview (at the website link above), he says his favorite singer is Barry Manilow. 
  • Well, I decided to stay home sick again today.  But I think the worst of it is behind me at this point.
  • Stocks?  Well, ran the Black Box and I'm not seeing any changes.  I think the market will continue to trend up.  We're ending the post-options week, and next week we should see month-end stuff as 401k contributions hit and folks who dollar cost average in provide some support to the market.
  • It's kind of boring being home sick.  I'm sleeping a lot.
  • "Hello, Bobby.  Lemme say something, Dah-link.  I know that Simon didn't like your Barry.  And Barry is one of the all-time greats, truly he is.  But this is something that I want you to know that comes from my heart.  You know that this song that you sung by Barry was one of his great songs, this Copacabana.  And I just wanted to say to you that it doesn't matter how you sound but how you look. And you looked mahvelous out there, you really did."
  • To be honest, I was flipping around the dial last night between American Idol and Dancing with the Stars.  Regards to the latter?  Well, I've kind of been "all Stacy Keibler all the time" in my thoughts about who would win this thing.  She's a great dancer.  But Drew seems to work a little harder at it.  He probably has to.  Might be a close vote.  Sorry, Jerry Rice!
  • blog comments powered by Disqus