Monday, February 27, 2006

Quick Hits (Dennis Weaver, Market Stuff)


  • Dennis Weaver died.

  • The market? Well, month-end strength arriving on cue. March tends to be pretty good, at least the first few weeks. I think we're going to see sentiment change in March from bearish to bullish. I wonder how many folks who have been leaning the wrong way in this market are getting sick and tired of not participating in the rally? The SP500 is at 5-year highs, for goodness sakes. If this happens, I think we could see a few big up days. Especially since we've broken some downtrend lines. That usually gets the Technical Analysis folks excited.

  • Back at the Fun Factory today. Feeling much better after the cold/flu. Those aren't much fun. Just sayin'...

  • Drew Lachey won Dancing with the Stars last night. In a shocker, the final two were Drew vs. Jerry Rice. I was kind of pulling for Jerry, but he wasn't the best. I thought Stacy Keibler was the best, but Drew seemed to have to work harder at it. I actually enjoyed that show. How crazy is that?

  • Tonight? The Donald! Donald Trump's "The Apprentice" comes back. Of course, 24 is also on tonight, so I may have to fire up the DVR and record something. Not sure yet. It'll all be obvious later when I'm looking at the TV schedule.

  • Is Cramer's Mad Money back on today during after hours? Lets see how that goes!

  • When do you know that a mania has run its course? Well, when I saw "fat free" on a bag of jelly beans, I knew it was over. And on my pack of sugar-free cough drops, it says "No carbs!"

  • Barry Ritholz is still wearing his inflation beer goggles. FWIW, while I have turned down my thermostat this winter, I did just buy some nice summer shorts for $9.99. I also had to drive around the parking lot of the local mall for about 40 minutes looking for a spot, then waited 50 minutes in line at Best Buy.

  • Do you get the feeling Mark Cuban feels a little rivalry going on with Donald Trump? Oh, read this. Of course, being the fun loving guy that I am, and as someone who is always trying to look out for the best interests of Donald Trump, I have decided to make an open offer to Howie Mandel. Howie, if you can get Mr Trump to pull a rubber glove completely over his head and blow it up on your show, not only will I watch it, I will donate 1 million dollars to the charity of your choice.

  • Gotta love Mark Cuban's blog, Blog Maverick.

  • Remember the other day when I was wondering if Apple would make their ipods wireless phones? Somebody else thinks so, too.

blog comments powered by Disqus