Monday, February 13, 2006

Quick Hits (Google, Eva Longoria, Windows)

Isn't GOOG your homepage, Muck?

 
  • Sell orders hitting the market today as we kick off options expiration week.  The TV talking clowns are blaming the Barron's GOOG piece.

  • Microsoft entering the mobile phone biz?  Hmm.  Well, I'm all for the smart phone.  I have a Treo and would like the Windows Treo next. 

  • I'm working from home today.  Really.  Although I am going to go for a bike ride sometime this afternoon.  Yes, that will be three days in a row!  The weather here has been around 70, but it's supposed to cool off later this week.

  • I did watch my first Olympics last night.  The half-pipe and the downhill.  Of course, when Desperate Housewives came on I was flipping back and forth.  I did get to see the Eva Longoria in panties seen.  Holy smokes.  I think (other than that), the show is kind of losing it's luster.  Kind of getting boring.

  • Hey, how come in Star Trek the tricorder and the communicator were multiple devices?  Where was the smart communicator that had all the features?

  • Speaking of Microsoft, I did a system restore back into early December.  Sometime in mid-December, my PC started freezing.  Every 60 seconds, the PC would freeze for 10 seconds.  It wouldn't happen all the time, so I'd just reboot-reboot-reboot as long as it took for it to stop happening.  (Usually 3-4 times).   The two things I installed in December was an external drive for backups including the backup software, and installing an older (licensed) version of Word over my trial version of Office 2003.   I uninstalled the backup software, and I did the restore this morning, and so far no freezing.  We shall see.

  • The Apprentice starts tonight!  I think that's good news, anyways.

blog comments powered by Disqus