Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wednesday - Home Sick!

  • "Muckdog, you bring it everyday.  The more I read your blog, the more I'm falling in love with you.  Your spirit shines through with every blog, every post, and every comment.  I cherish the moment when my RSS aggregator notifies me that you have posted a new entry.  You're just fantastic."

  • The market today?  Holy smokes!  You know, another bull-bear survey came out showing that bearishness is increasing.  Yes, here we are right at the highs of the bull market, and folks are pessimistic.  I think that's one of the reasons the bears can't take this thing down.  You wonder if all they can do is cover their shorts or buy at this point.  It is still February which is normally down.  This is the week they should drive it down.  Post-options and before 401k hits at month end.  And they haven't done it yet.
  • A few of those women on American Idol last night can really sing.  Some aren't so great, though.


  • "Yo, yo, yo, how's it going, Muckdawg?  You know you're my dawg, right?  Ye-ahh.  Look, dude, I'm just not feeling it tonight.  Recently you start off good, and then fade in the middle.  I was like counting ceiling tiles in the middle.  Maybe bloggin' ain't your thang, dude.  You need to bring it home.  I'm just not feeling it."

  • I'm home sick today.  I know.  It sucks.  But I actually went into the Fun Factory for most of the day because I have so much work.  I could only handle it just past lunch.  The good news was that I got home in time to catch the USA vs Canada in curling.   Slept through some of it, but it was a pretty tight match (despite the blowout at the end).

  • I wonder what the Olympics coverage on CNBC will do to the Cramer Mad Money effect on stocks.  When Cramer is back on during afterhours, will he have the same effect? 


  • "Look.  You're playing it very safe.  You talk about trends before options week, during options week, after options week, and then month-end strength.  Give us something different.  Take some risks.  It's all very bland.  Where is that Muckdog who used to have cartoons and captions?  That's the Muckdog America wants to see."

  • This was going to be the year that I did my taxes early.  Have I done them yet?  Uh....

  • It's been 26 years since the US won the gold in Hockey.  Speaking of, did you catch the Kurt Russell movie on the 1980 Hockey team?  "Miracle."  Good movie.

  • Final stock thoughts...  Market looks good.  I think the pessimism pushes it up slowly.  Whenever the bears capitulate, you'll know it...

blog comments powered by Disqus