Saturday, February 11, 2006

S-a-t-u-r-d-a-y, Night! (Stocks, Glactica, Biking)


 
  • I ran my Black Box scans tonight, and the buy I received on Citigroup last week seems to be playing out.  I didn't buy it, but I like to see it moving up because it normally bodes well for the market.  I also had one on GE that I didn't mention (and don't own) last week, and that one seems to be playing out.  Another good sign for the market.  I normally don't buy individual stocks unless we've had a dramatic correction and the Black Box generates a buy signal.  I'm still fully invested and do own some QQQQ.  Speaking of, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Black Box generate a buy on those in the days ahead, but no need to guess.  And none of this is a recommendation of course.

  • I spent a bunch of time at the Fun Factory this saturday.  But I escaped in time to log the first bike ride of 2006.  The way things work here, is that we get a Spring tease in February.  Trying to make the most of it, but I realize we still have a ways to go before dependable sunshine sets in.  The first bike ride is the toughest one.  I took it easy, but I'm going to feel like I was mountain biking on Brokeback Mountain come tomorrow.  Ouch.

  • Battlestar Galactica last night was about some hostage taking on Cloud 9.  The folks were demanding that Sharon (the cylon) be turned over to them.  I won't spoil it for those who DVRed it, are waiting for reruns, or are planning on downloading via iTunes.  But I have to wonder if the plan for her character is to be in the brig for the duration of the series!

  • I'm putting the flag graphic up to show my Olympic spirit, even though I'm not watching (yet).  GO USA!

blog comments powered by Disqus