Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Random Thoughts

  • I've heard somebody call the wednesday prior to options expiration week "Weird Wacky Wednesday" or some such thing. I think the thought is that if the market is selling ahead of options week, then there might be some sort of game playing done starting later in the week to establish positions for expiration. Just thinking to myself.

  • My Fantasy Basketball team is mired in 4th place. I can see realistically moving up to 2nd over the next few weeks, but injuries have been slowing my team down. Just when one guy gets healthy (enough to shoot 2-11 for a week), another guy goes down. Kind of frustrating.

  • My monitor was green yesterday. I didn't think video card, because that usually gets quirky rather than blanking out a color. Color problems are usually a monitor or connection problem. So I could see a valid test pattern on the monitor. I tried unplugging everything and reconnecting. Still green. Finaly I noticed that the connection at the monitor was loose. How in the heck did that happen?

  • I was watching a recent Saturday Night Live spoof on Steve Jobs and Apple. He (the actor playing Jobs) was on introducing the new Apple iPod. After every few sentences, he'd say "It's now obsolete" and reach in his pocket and bring out yet a smaller version of the newest iPod. Darn, if that wasn't accurate. It seems like every few minutes, a new version is released. And I still don't own one!

  • My buddy just IMed me and asked me if I was going to watch Cramer's Mad Money this afternoon and try to flip the stock he touts. Uh, no. Never have. Have I thought about it? Of course. I get IMs from my buddy almost daily about how he made 7% and got out. I don't know if this is true or not, but he's hooked on that show. Fer sure, fer sure.

  • The PDA and smartphone combos are getting better. I love my Palm Treo. I still have slow data service and it's running Palm OS. I'd like to upgrade to the Windows version when my current contract is up... in 2007. yeesh! But these things are cool. No, they're double cool!

  • I bought a pair of in-style sunglasses once. About 12 years ago. I still wear the same pair. Now they're retro. I should upgrade one of these days, but I can't see why.

  • I have 5000 songs on my Creative Nomad Jukebox (speaking of something that was in-style long ago). Anyways, about 50 of those songs are AC/DC songs. My random play has now picked an AC/DC song 3 times in a row. No foolin'... Jaillllllllbreak.....

blog comments powered by Disqus