Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wednesday's Quick Hits

  • Bernanke made his first official comments as Fed today, and seemed to indicate more rate hikes are coming. Link. On questioning, he seemed rather optimistic but was concerned about the deficit and the rising costs of health care. He recommended that Congress address the health care problem soon. No shortage of Fed commentary out there if you look for it...

  • I've been in not so fun meetings here at the Fun Factory most of the day. If everybody hates meetings so, why do they continue to schedule them?

  • Market finished nicely after Bernanke's talk. I commented recently that bearishness seemed high with the markets near their rally high. The Investors Intelligence numbers came out and confirmed that. If we're at a top, I'd really expect more bullishness out there.

  • How'd you fare on Valentines Day? Happy ending?

  • The Rolling Stones used to be good you know. At least they're still out there playing.

  • I recently added The Daily Options Report to the links on my left (your right). Check it out. Yeah, money stuff but Adam's pretty funny.

  • Are you going to see Steve Martin in The Pink Panther? I am. I'm such a fan of the way Peter Sellers played the roll. I'm a little worried that Steve Martin is too much the clown to play it straight. But I'm going to give it a try.

  • I looked at my Fantasy Basketball team as it slips into the abyss and saw no games this weekend. HUH? Oh... All-star break. I like the 3-ball and the dunk competitions, but I never watch the game itself.

blog comments powered by Disqus