Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Tuesday Quick Hits

  • The nice thing about 3-day weekends, is the 4-day work week that follows.

  • The market drifting lower today. As you know, the week after options expiration tends to move in the opposite direction of options week. This week could see some selling. But February tends to be weak, and we're almost done with this month. Next week we will see the end of the month, 401k contributions, and we're into March.

  • On 24 last night... Eh, it was kind of dull. The President continued to be a weasel, as did Manager Hobbit.

  • American Idol tonight! The 12 women compete and we get to phone in and vote! By the way, American Idol trounced the Olympics last week. I suspect a repeat of that tonight

  • The Netflix flicks over the weekend were Firefly (disc 3) and Detroit Rock City. I'm getting into Firefly, but the sad news is that I only have one more disc of episodes and then the movie Serenity. That's it. Detroit Rock City was dumb, but KISS was a big thing in the 70's and seeing the culture was kind of fun. I have to say that I liked the movie.

  • You know, for the amount of cable TV I watch, I should re-evaluate my subscription package. I watch network TV, ESPN, FOX, and CNBC. Oh, can't forget Sci-Fi for Battlestar Galactica. Then again, I suppose I could just Netflix the series later...

  • Oh, speaking of... Did you see that picture of the 33 pound cat that eats 6 pounds of chicken a day? It. Was. Huge. Lots of belly-scratching area when it rolls over.

  • Lots of bearishness and pessimism in the markets.

  • Well Jared, I had a Subway veggie sandwich for lunch.

  • Back in the 70's, folks were playing records backwards looking for Satanic messages and KISS = Knights in Satan's Service, etc. I don't hear much of that anymore, but that was a big thing. Remember Fleetwood Mac's song "Second Hand News?" If you slowed down the vinyl album, you could hear them really saying "take your pants down."

  • Sigh. Is it the weekend yet?

blog comments powered by Disqus